Monday, February 19, 2018

Fergie Kills It at the NBA All-Stars Game As in Her Career

We all have a lane and while everyone should try something new on occasion there are certain lanes one should never travel down. For example, while I love singing, the possibility that I would ever do it anywhere outside of my shower or in my car are slim to none. Last night at the NBA All-Star game, a very sultry looking Fergie went down one such lane. In fact while I was reviewing her performance and the final high note that thankfully laid the anthem to rest, my Facebook app crashed.

Fergie has always been one of my favorite pop icons. As an entertainer she's amazing, as anthem songstress material not so much. Her version is being compared to Marilyn Monroe's, "Mr. President" or someone's drunk mom trying to act sexy which brings to mind her 2016 release of the song M.I.L.F.$. While her last album release performed only moderately well this past fall, she did actually manage to crush something and that was the memories of the notoriously bad anthem attempts made by Carl Lewis and Roseanne Bar as some of the worst anthem renditions ever. In fact, in a pretty effortless manner, Fergie managed to make last night look a little like Karaoke night at the All Stars. It's pretty safe to say that Fergie might make another billboard list this year, but it may not happen unless Billboard revises their recently released list of the 10 Worst National Anthem Performances Ever

I have to wonder if managing one's own music career is a good move. A good manager would have possibly stopped what looked like a bad case of career suicide and while Fergie looked great doing it in ironically an almost funeral appropriate black dress, I have to regretfully remind her, not everything is for everyone, sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment